Monday, September 19, 2011
Flint MI--The University of Michigan-Flint Kodiaks are off to a good start in their second season defeating Xavier Saturday night 35-3 at Atwood Stadium. The Kodiaks used superior depth and a vastly improved passing game to defeat the visitors from Cincinnati. UM-F had 275 yards total offense, led by QB Zeke Zanetta, who completed 10 of 13 passes for 168 yards, including touchdown strikes of 48 and 35 yards. Dion Smith was the leading rusher with 52 yards and a touchdown. UM-F's defense was stellar holding Xavier to 125 yards passing in 32 attempts. Coty Pyscher had two interceptions.
Flint MI-The Flint Junior Generals swept the Pittsburgh Junior Penguins in a weekend series at Iceland Arena. The Generals won Saturday night 8-0 with goaltender Dominic Orlando stopping all 18 shots for the shutout. The Generals were led by Richard Jansson and Edward Osowski with two goals apiece. Osowski also had 2 assists. Captain Warren Carter had a goal and 2 assists.
Sunday, the Penguins were more physical but lost 4-2. Osowski, Andrew Lay, Alexander Compean and Kenneth Miloser scored for the Generals. Susi Vincent and Bryan Hovanec scored for Pittsburgh in a game that saw 12 penalties and two ejections in a rough second period. Flint's Ben Myers had 28 saves.
Listen to MRSN Sports Radio's replay of the game by clicking here.
SUNDAY'S BULLPEN SPORTS MRSN 3 STARS OF THE GAME
1ST STAR: Kestner, Joshua (FLT)
2ND STAR: Myers, Benjamin (FLT)
3RD STAR: Osowski, Edward (FLT)
The Generals embark on a road trip this weekend, in Toledo Friday, and at the Metro Jets in Waterford Saturday. The next game on MRSN is October 9 against the Metro Jets at 2:15 PM.
Sunday, August 28, 2011
Monday, April 11, 2011
Sat. May 21-at Columbus TBD (Live on MRSN)
Sat. May 28-at Detroit TBD (Live on MRSN)
Fri. June 3-vs Oakland/Macomb 7:00 (Live on MRSN)
Sat. June 11-vs Columbus 5:00 (Live on MRSN)
Sun. June 12-vs Detroit 5:00 (Live on MRSN)
Sat. June 24-at Oakland/Macomb 7:00
Sat. July 9-vs Toronto 5:00 (Live on MRSN)
Sat. July 16-vs Columbus 5:00 (Live on MRSN)
Sun. July 17-at Toronto TBD
Sat. July 23-NE Regional Tournament (Live on MRSN)
Home games in Red-Home arena, The Cage Sports Center, Swartz Creek
Wednesday, March 2, 2011
MRSN to broadcast JUCO tournament this weekend
The Michigan Regional Sports Network will provide audio broadcasts of the NJCAA Region IX and Region H tournaments this weekend in Flint, Michigan.
The schedule is as follows:
Women – St. Clair vs Delta 1 p.m.; Oakland vs Schoolcraft 3 p.m.
Men – Delta vs Henry Ford 5:30 p.m.; St. Clair vs Mott 7:30 p.m.
Women’s final 1: p.m; Men’s final 3 p.m.
Listen to these games live on MRSN.
SCHOOLCRAFT COLLEGE LADIES KNOW HOW to ROLL AT HOME
Special to MRSN with permission
By Raymond Rolak
Photo of Ocelet forward Kimberly Bee by Rena Laverty
LIVONIA— “This keeps me coming back,” said Karen Lafata, the veteran Schoolcraft College coach. It was the 62nd straight home floor win for the Lady Ocelots as they took the Michigan Community College Athletic Association title with a 71-53 triumph over Muskegon CC. Schoolcraft heads into the NJCAA H-District at 27-3. Muskegon dropped to 22-8 and will go to the G-District.
Diamond Tolliver, led all scorers with 20 points, including five-3’s. Shawnicka Thomas added 19 points and Kimberly Bee, had 18 rebounds. The only sophomores on Schoolcraft’s roster are Bee, Shealica Grandberry and Sarah Jury.
“They wanted it and went out and got it,” added a smiling Lafata.
The week before the championship game Schoolcraft beat the visiting Oakland Community College, 90-59.
It was truly a team affair as six players scored in double figures for the Lady Ocelots. Shawnicka Thomas led Schoolcraft with 21 points. Kimberly Bee (15), Amber Sammons (12), Diamond Tolliver (11), Shanequa Braggs (10) and Charlise Slater (10) were the other contributors.
Bee added 13 rebounds to pad her new career team record of 713. Schoolcraft, overall are ranked fifth nationally in NJCAA Division II.
Meagan Heiden had 15 and Amber Kingsley added 11 to for the Lady Raiders. They are 10-12 on the year.
The Lady Ocelots, in their previous home game before OCC, came from behind to beat Delta College, 56-51.
Coach Karen Lafata deflects the praise to her team and assistant coaches. “It’s the Schoolcraft family and team approach, I have great help from my longtime assistant coaches, Kevin Brathwaite and Marty Simmonds,” said Lafata.
Bee, a 6’1” sophomore, center from Detroit CMA High School, is being heavily recruited nationally for the next level of play.
Monday, January 31, 2011
- Lives in Flint, Michigan
- president of MRSN
- play by play for baseball, basketball, football
- color for basketball, football,
- former coach of Michigan Admirals semi pro football
- Lives in Flint, Michigan
- play by play for football, hockey, basketball
- former voice of the Admirals on MRSN and Audio Sports Online
- assistant freshman basketabll coach at Flint Carman-Ainsworth
- Lives in Flint Township, Michigan
- part time color for football and basketball
- play by play for college basketball and NA3HL Hockey
- graduate of Michigan State University
- former sports director at WHFH-FM
- Experience at WDIV (Detroit), WILX/WSYM (Lansing) and Fox Sports Chicago
- works for MLB.com as pitch F/X operator
- Lives in Bay City, Michigan
- play by play for ACHA College Hockey, including the ACHA champion Saginaw Valley State University Cardinals
- Works for XO Communications in Saginaw
- Lives in Windsor, Ontario, Canada
- play by play for various sports in Ontario
- Morning Show Co-host/Newscaster of “Rock Mornings with Craig and Matt” on 95.1 and 100.7 The Rock in Windsor
- Color Commentary for select Owen Sound Attack OHL Broadcasts for 560 CFOS
- senior at Olivet College
- sports director at WOCR 89.1 - The One, Olivet
- part time play by play/color for Battle Creek Bombers baseball
- play by play for Battle Creek Blaze football on MRSN starting in June
Tuesday, January 18, 2011
Billed as the premier opening-week high school football event in the state, the showdown will feature:
Thursday, Aug. 25
• Clinton vs. Manchester, 5 p.m.
• Sterling Heights Stevenson vs. Howell, 8 p.m.
Friday, Aug. 26
• Ann Arbor Skyline vs. Hartland, 5 p.m.
• Chelsea vs. Novi, 8 p.m.
Saturday, Aug. 27
• Monroe St. Mary Catholic Central vs. Plymouth, 11 a.m.
• TBD, 2 p.m.
• Detroit King vs. Birmingham Brother Rice, 5 p.m.
• Detroit Cass Tech vs. Farmington Hills Harrison, 8 p.m.
*Detroit Sports will announce a 2 p.m. game on Aug. 27 at a later date.
Monday, January 10, 2011
Area players who were listed on rosters announced Sunday are: Running back Thomas Rawls of Flint Northern — who set a city rushing record this season — defensive back Chad Coleman of Flint Carman-Ainsworth, defensive lineman Ryan Hankins of Davison, and defensive lineman Kyle Fisher of Linden.
The game features the top graduating seniors from the state and will be broadcasted live for the second straight season on the Michigan Regional Sports Network (www.mrsn.us)